If like me you love ice cream but try to steer clear of refined sugars, this ‘nIce Cream’ is a revelation! After quitting everything sweet (from sugar, dried fruit and honey) I was determined to find an ice cream replacement that tastes equally delicious, that my family and friends would love as much as I do. This is super simple as you just pop all the ingredients in a blender and whizz it together!
Bananas are rich in potassium, which is key for cell integrity. It maintains electrolyte balance and internal fluids, keeping cells hydrated and skin internally moisturised. Berries are anti-oxidant rich, powerful nutritional super foods. Proform slow-release casein proteins are designed for guys and girls to support fat burning, strength, energy and hormonal balance.
- 1 large banana (peeled and frozen the day before)
- 2 Scoops of Proform Vanilla Casein protein powder
- A handful of fresh berries (pick your favourite flavour)
- 2 teaspoons of raw cacao powder for chocolate flavour
- A splash or two of your choice of milk (almond, coconut etc.).
- Blend everything together.
- If it’s too thick and hard to blend add a splash more milk.
- Pop into a Tupperware box (ideally PBA free).
- Freeze for 30-50 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and mix with a fork.
- Pop back into the freezer for another 30-50 minutes.
- Remove and churn it again.
- Scoop it into serving bowls and sprinkle with some extra fresh berries.